The Blind Enthusiasm Brewing Company is expanding its brewing capability at The Market Brewery with the addition of a brewer. The Market Brewery is co-located in the restaurant Biera and creates award-winning Ales, Lagers, and Barrel-Aged beers.
The successful candidate will work full-time at The Market Brewery with the existing brewing team and will be trained in the equipment and brewing techniques used at the facility. Duties will range between brewing, cellaring, and barrel-management.
Salary for this position starts at $50,000 and the offer will increase based on experience of the candidate.
Applicants should have either industry experience, training at a brewing school, and/or a laboratory or science background plus at least two years of professional brewing experience. A familiarity with digital technologies is also an asset as we have a variety of online systems used at our breweries. This is a physical job and applicants will need to be able to lift and move heavy barrels (with training) and carry bags of malt in excess of 25kg. Experience operating a canning machine (Cask/Wild Goose) is also an asset.
Brewer, Blind Enthusiasm Brewing Company
Working under the Head Brewer to operate the brewing program at The Market Brewery
Under the work direction of the Head Brewer the new hire will contribute to the operation of the Market Brewery. Duties will range from brewing beer, managing fermentation, doing packaging (bottling and canning), maintaining pub equipment, cleaning of equipment and facilities, and cleaning/moving/filling barrels. Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required.
Specific duties and requirements include
- Collaborate with the Head Brewer on budgeting and inventory management to develop yearly operating plans
- Brewing of beer from ingredient sourcing to packaging
- Maintenance of brewery yeast
- Laboratory work to test beer quality and development
- QC control and tasting panel participation for beer quality
- Cleaning and maintaining the brewhouse, fermentation space, barrel washing and milling areas
- Assisting with maintenance and overall cleanliness of entire brewery, barrel room and cellar
- Contributing to safety and a positive working environment for all brewery and taproom staff
- Fill and move barrels as required
- Drive a forklift or handtruck to manage brewing equipment, raw materials, and barrels
- Ensuring quality delivery of kegged beer and beer from serving tanks in both breweries
- Supervise and schedule the cleaning of tap lines, growler filler, casks, and jockey boxes used in both breweries
- Participating in packaging such as bottling and canning
- Participating in brewing industry events and festivals representing the company
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Working to high quality standards with and without direct supervision
- Lift 55 lbs to shoulder height repeatedly
- Maneuver beer kegs around the brewery (165 lbs)
- Maneuver beer barrels (empty 110 lbs) and full (500 lbs) around the brewery (with assistance)
- Weekend gravities and systems checks split between brewing staff
From $50,000.00+ per year, depending on experience
Extended health care
Paid time off
To apply please send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you would be a great fit for our team.