We are looking for a charismatic individual with a strong knowledge of beer and wine to run day to day operations in the Biera Market. Our ideal candidate has a passion for beer, a love of wine and specialty foods, and is excited to share their enthusiasm with our patrons! If these areas aren’t your area of expertise yet, we are willing to offer detailed training for the right person!
Located in the Ritchie Market, the “Biera Market” is a retail space offering a curated selection of products from award-winning restaurant (Biera) and brewery (Blind Enthusiasm).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a high level of customer service by establishing contact, greeting customers, educating customers and promoting product offerings in detail, and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Be an expert on our products, stay up to date and have a detailed knowledge of all of our market offerings.
- Using product expertise, recommend additional suitable products to customers.
- Perform opening and closing duties including arranging displays and setting-up signage.
- Maintain a neat, organized, and welcoming environment.
- Product restocking and merchandising
- Complete weekly opening and closing inventory.
- Ensure food-safe handling and storage practices.
- Package food/wine/beer bundles or “specials”.
- Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to. Complete a daily cash-out.
- Handle cash, credit, and card payments.
- Ensure POS products are up to date.
- Ensure AGLC and other government guidelines are met.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Strong food and beverage knowledge, with an emphasis on beer
- Restaurant experience (kitchen or front of house) an asset
- Personable and engaging, this is a customer service focused role!
- Strong sales background
- Highly self-motivated
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours and lift up to 30lbs
- ProServe certification
- First Aid Certification considered an asset
Please apply with a cover letter and resume letting us know why you would be a great fit for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Day shifts, Wednesday through Sunday.
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-09
Expected start date: 2023-09-16