As the Monolith Taproom is opening soon we’re looking for someone to manage it. Here’s the job description. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com if you’d like to apply.
Blind Enthusiasm Corp owns and operates two breweries in Edmonton, along with the award winning restaurant Biera. We pride ourselves on high quality products and experiences. Since our establishment in 2017, we have consistently employed individuals who live by passion, quality, integrity, and value. As we are getting ready to open the tap room at our Monolith Brewery we are looking to fill the role of Monolith Taproom Manager.
We are looking for a charismatic individual with a strong knowledge of beer to run the day to day operations of the Monolith Taproom. Our ideal candidate has a passion for beer and is excited to share their enthusiasm with our patrons! We will train you to be an expert in our products and processes so that you can deliver an exceptional experience to our customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide a high level of customer service by establishing contact, greeting customers, educating customers and promoting product offerings in detail, and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
· Be an expert on our products, stay up to date and have a detailed knowledge of all brewery offerings.
· Assist Monolith brewing operations and production when time allows, including participation in blending
· Using product expertise, sell and recommend additional suitable products to customers.
· Serve beer and food offerings to customers.
· Light food prep.
· Sales of take away beer and merchandise.
· Training of additional staff on beer and food service.
· Management and scheduling of additional team members.
· Assist in developing brewery tour program and lead brewery tours as required.
· Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and welcoming environment. Maintain cleanliness of space including washrooms. Ensure end of day cleaning duties are performed.
· Product restocking and merchandising
· Manage inventory and product transfer from the brewery to the taproom, includes purchasing of product as per AGLC requirements.
· Ensure food-safe handling and storage practices.
· Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to. Complete a daily cash-out.
· Handle cash, credit, and card payments. Assist with POS set up. Operate POS system and keep up to date with new product.
· Ensure AGLC and other government guidelines are met at all times
· Other operational tasks as required
Please note this job will require shifts days, evenings, and weekends.
Qualifications and Characteristics
· Strong food and beverage knowledge, with an emphasis on beer
· Previous management/team leadership experience
· Minimum 2 years FOH restaurant or brewery customer focused experience
· Personable and engaging, this is a customer service focused role!
· Strong sales background or aptitude
· Highly self-motivated
· Effective teamwork skills
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal
· Able to be on your feet for up to 9 hours and lift up to 75 lbs (moving kegs to service)
· ProServe certification
· WSET training preferred
· First Aid Certification considered an asset, training will be provided if not already certified
Please apply with resume and cover letter letting us know why you are a great fit for this role!
Application deadline: 2021-08-11