We are looking for a charismatic individual with a strong knowledge of beer and wine to run day to day operations in the Biera Market. Our ideal candidate has a passion for beer, a love of wine and specialty foods, and is excited to share their enthusiasm with our patrons! Located in the Ritchie Market, the “Biera Market” is a retail space offering a curated selection of products from award-winning restaurant (Biera) and brewery (Blind Enthusiasm). You can read more about the Biera Market here.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a high level of customer service by establishing contact, greeting customers, educating customers and promoting product offerings in detail, and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Be an expert on our products, stay up to date and have a detailed knowledge of all of our market offerings.
- Using product expertise, recommend additional suitable products to customers.
- Perform opening and closing duties including arranging displays and setting-up signage.
- Maintain a neat, organized, and welcoming environment.
- Product restocking and merchandising
- Complete weekly opening and closing inventory.
- Ensure food-safe handling and storage practices.
- Package food/wine/beer bundles or “specials”.
- Ensure all cash handling policies & procedures are adhered to. Complete a daily cash-out.
- Handle cash, credit, and card payments.
- Ensure AGLC and other government guidelines are met.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Strong food and beverage knowledge, with an emphasis on beer
- Restaurant experience (kitchen or front of house) an asset
- Personable and engaging, this is a customer service focused role!
- Strong sales background
- Highly self-motivated
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours and lift up to 30lbs
- ProServe certification
- First Aid Certification considered an asset
Restaurant Front of House Manager
(subject to change based on business needs)
- This job is paid hourly
- 32-35 hours per week
- Wednesday through Sunday daytime hours